Monday, June 14, 2010

Henry's baptism

Sunday June 13th, which also happens to be my mom's birthday, we got Henry baptized. Since my dad married James and I, we thought it only fitting to have my dad baptize our son. That meant driving down to Sierra Vista to my dad's church Sunday morning. It's about an hour drive from our house and lucky for me, Henry likes riding in the car :) We celebrated my mom's birthday the same day and for her birthday, my mom wanted... pictures! Pictures of all her grandsons! So we took about a hundred pictures and of course, I uploaded them backwards (I blame sleep deprivation) but I think you'll be able to follow the story backwards ;)

Here is baby Henry's cake welcoming him into the kingdom of God
My mom has wanted grandkids pretty much since the ink dried on all of our wedding licenses. Well this year, she got her wish... times three! Here are her three grandsons! In the green stripes is my older brother Chris's son Caleb, born June 9, 2010. Then in the blue stripes is my younger brother Matt's son Sean, born February 12th, 2010. And in the solid blue is my baby Henry, born May 28th, 2010. Three babies, all boys, born within six months of each other :) Be careful what you wish for mom!!
We took about a million pictures of the boys together, I liked this one because Henry looks like he's saying... Whoo-hoo! I'm ready for Disneyland ;)
All right side up!
We started out as a family of seven, we have now DOUBLED in size and there are currently fourteen of us!!!
Here are the three siblings with our three babies, who would have ever thought? Not me, that's for sure!
Back to the baptism, me and James with our baby boy in his cute little white outfit, not the most manly of outfits but I think it is adorable!
We love you!
The parents and grandparents.
Henry's two fairy God-mothers :)
Isn't this the cutest little boy EVER?!?!!?
My dad pouring the water on little Henry. As you can see, he LOVED it! ;)
Sitting in the pew at the church. He loved the singing, not so much my dad talking ;)
Another shot of his awesome outfit.
Handsome man! Check out the tie!!!
My favorite part was the shoes!
So there you have it, my son gets dragged kicking and screaming into the kingdom of God :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

He's beautiful!!!! Such cute pictures, congrats again :)