Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beach part 1

I love going to the beach. I have been going to the same beach in La Jolla every summer for as long as I can remember. It's beautiful, cool weather, great memories and so much to do! There are a million pictures. This is just a fraction of the first few days of our visit. 

First up, Father's day! James has always wanted to go to a Diamondbacks game in San Diego but we just never seemed to be there at the right time. This visit, the stars alined and the D-Backs were in town the same time that we were! I had been to a game at that stadium years ago. All I remember was that it was freakin' freezing since the park is right on the water. So I brought sweaters for all of us and was prepared for the cold. Yeah, it was blazing hot!! Oops, oh well. Henry still had fun eating his peanuts. James would have had waaaay more fun if the D-Backs had pulled out a win. 

Henry enjoying the game. 


 The view from our seats. It says Happy Father's Day on the big screen :) 


 We had a great view. 

The next day, it was time to hit the beach! We had a whole bunch of our family in town at the same time, which usually doesn't happen, so we wanted to take advantage and have everyone on the beach at the same time. Henry LOVED the beach. He loved the water, the waves, the sand, building castles, everything! The first day we spent a good seven or eight hours on the beach and he was happy the whole time. 

Checking out the water with nana. 


 Checking out the sand now. 


 His favorite thing to do was run in and out of the water over and over. 


 Out


 And back in. 


 Out again ;) 


 He took turns pulling different people in the water with him. Now it's James's turn. 





 Happy boy :) 


 He got so cold that his lips would turn blue but he wouldn't care. 


 Emily's turn to go in. 





 Emily's friends Megan and CJ were there too! Henry adored CJ. 








 Look at that face!! So happy! 


 It was my turn to go in now! 


 Henry loved jumping over the waves. 








 Nana got pulled back in. 








 It made me so unbelievably happy to see how much he LOVED the beach :) 











 Jumping the waves with daddy again. 





 This is just a fun picture with my baby bump and my baby boy ;) 


 Henry finally came out of the waves for a break and he was totally happy to sit in his chair under his umbrella and just chill. It was so nice :) 





 After a break and some lunch, it was time to build a sand castle! 


 Not so easy to sit on the sand and dig a hole with my big belly in the way! I think I did ok :) 


 Again, so happy :) 





 CJ and Megan had built a sand castle too! And Henry destroyed it :) 


 Baby Godzilla! 


 Henry had ditched me to destroy sand castles so I looked a little goofy making a sand castle all by myself. 


 Ta-da! My masterpiece! I'm pretty sure Henry destroyed it later. 


 "The kids" going boogie boarding! Erin, Emily, Megan and CJ.

That does it for the first part of this day. We were there so long that I have to break it up. The next part, my brother Matt and his family came down! 

No comments: