Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving this year was a very low-key event at our house. My mom and Emily had decided to take advantage of the long weekend and go to the house in San Diego so we did a big family dinner in SV on Sunday which left us to our own devices on Thanksgiving. Lucky for me, James is very low maintenance when it comes to food so I was able to get away with boxed items and just a turkey breast for our dinner. It was plenty for our little family and everyone was happy with it so it all worked out well. But first, more tree and kid pics! 


The kids were still in love with the tree. 








 Oh I also made some cinnamon rolls. This was Spencer's first time eating cinnamon rolls, yum! 














 Henry enjoyed them too. 








 After a few days of Spencer completely torturing the tree we decided to put a fence around it. She was sad but our lives were a little easier. 






 Henry waiting patiently for his dinner. When I first set the table, I put a butter knife at his place. He got so excited which was a little strange. Yay, I get a knife! So, of course, I took it away ;) 











 Our "fakesgiving" foods. 


 Henry looks happy now, but as soon as we made him try the sweet potatoes, it was all over. He hated them and wanted nothing to do with eating anything but rolls the rest of the dinner. 




 Baby liked everything just fine… 





Except when she got it on her hands! 
 


James and I needed a little adult beverage by this point. 





 Henry's favorite part of dinner, the rolls. 


 I think baby liked the cranberry sauce the best. 





Or maybe she liked the pumpkin pie best ;) 





 Or the whipped cream. 


 Henry wanted just whipped cream with no pie. 







I have so much to be thankful for :) 


No comments: