Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hiking

James and I used to go hiking a lot. Daisy LOVED to go up in the mountains and smell all the new smells. We haven't been since I first found out I was pregnant. I was just too tired and recently, it's been a challenge to walk on level ground so I was afraid I couldn't handle an incline! But James wanted to go up and see the snow and it seemed like this might be our last chance since it's warming up now, yippee! Now let me define "hiking" for those of you who don't know me too well. I'm so NOT a nature girl. James loves camping and all that crap but not me. So when we go hiking, it's about twenty to thirty minutes of walking up the path until I get tired and want to go home. I figured this time would be even quicker due to my increasing size and decreasing ability to walk! I have to say I was very proud of myself! We hiked our usual path and I even crossed the running river a few times, granted it was slow and tricky but I did it! I even lasted a good thirty minutes, maybe more! We walked slow enough that I was able to handle it... but the reason we left was because, I had to use the facilities and I'm not about to squat in the woods! I would probably topple over!!! Here are some fun pics of our trip.

Me and Daisy, check out the snow! I was not very prepared and only took a little sweater! It wasn't too bad though.
James being cute, it was v-day after all!
Had to reciprocate!
We love our first baby!
Didn't want to leave out the newest member of our family! Can't wait to meet him! Looks like the name is out there in the universe, we like it so don't knock it!!!
Our effort at a family portrait, hard to do but James balanced the camera on a rock and here we are! Not too bad :)
Me and Daisy again. Kinda looks like I'm smuggling a basketball, huh?
My 27 week belly pic!
I went to bed pretty early that night! It was exhausting!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like a great day! You look fabulous.Hopefully we'll get to meet Henry this summer when we visit. Hope you're all doing well. Miss you!