Wednesday, February 3, 2010

There are some things I need to get off my chest...

or belly as the case may be! Being pregnant brings out a whole host of questions from not only well-meaning friends but also co-workers and my personal favorite, random strangers! So, I know that people who read this blog are not the people I am directing this to, but I need to vent and this seemed like a better place to do it than a crowded grocery store! ;) So here goes...

Dear world,
Yes, I am pregnant.
I am about 25 weeks.
I am due May 20th.
Yes, I had morning sickness but I am ok now.
No, I don't need you to carry/lift/pick up anything for me, I'm pregnant, not broken.
Yes, I am coming back to work.
Yes, we DO have someone to watch the baby, it will be my little sister Emily.
NO, I am NOT planning on breast-feeding.
NO, I do NOT want to hear your opinions on this topic, it's my choice, I've made it and you can't change my mind about it.
Yes, I have a good Dr.
Yes, I am delivering at TMC.
Yes, we know the sex.
We are having a boy!
Yes, we have names picked out.
No, I don't really feel like telling you our name choices, because again, I don't feel like hearing your opinions!
Yes, James is excited to have a boy, but guess what... so am I!
No, I REALLY don't want to hear about YOUR labor experiences! I'm scared enough already!

Now if I could just print all this out and put it on my big giant tummy, maybe I wouldn't be so tired by the end of the day ;) Here is a new belly pic for week 25.

Doesn't look too much bigger...
but it sure FEELS bigger!
Now I feel better :) Thanks for letting me vent!

** Side note: After I posted this, I went to have coffee at Starbucks with my friend Jenn. I got there a bit early so I started grading some papers I had brought. I was sitting on one of those nice soft chairs and there was an empty one next to me. So this old man, comes up and asks if anyone is sitting in the chair. I told him I was expecting my friend soon. He takes this to mean, please sit down. Ok that's fine, I'll just move once Jenn comes. So he begins talking to me by saying congratulations, I see you're pregnant. Ugh, here we go. How ironic that I just blogged about this and here we have a prime example. THEN he asks if it's a boy or a girl. I tell him it's a boy! He says, ugh, I can't BELIEVE you KNOW! It should be a blessed event when you find out, it should be a surprise!!!! He was really kind of nasty about it so I was probably a bit rude to him back and said, it is STILL a blessed event and I WAS surprised when I found out! THEN he asks about names. At this point, I'm pissed and don't feel like hearing his thoughts on this either. So I tell him we're still thinking about it. After that, he goes on a tirade about the Toyota recall for some reason, not necessary to go in to that, suffice to say, he was rude about that as well because I drive a Toyota! Anyway, luckily at that point Jenn showed up and saved me! THANK YOU JENN! So there you have a perfect example of the crap I deal with on a regular basis. I'm just glad he didn't start talking about breast feeding!!!! ;)

3 comments:

Jen said...

You look great and I won't tell you any labor stories :) I can't wait to find out his name too!

Anabelle said...

You go Sarah! We all have the same frustrations when we're pregnant and somehow we forget as the years move on and ask silly questions and make ridiculous comments.
Good for you for sticking to your guns about NOT breast feeding! It's not for everyone and people should mind their own business. Labor is fine! Nothing to be scared about it. Get the epidural if you can and everything will be great.
I love your sweater :) That was one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

snappy