I sure feel like it these days! Here are some recent belly pics, I know it's been a while since I've posted any.
I am about 30 weeks here, not quite but I like to round up!
Whoa belly!!! But at least people have told me that I don't look pregnant from behind! If I get brave one day, maybe I'll post behind pictures ;)
Saturday was James's 31st birthday, here is the cake I made for him. 31 and he finally gets to be a dad! :)
Things that are getting difficult:
1. Sleeping - lying on my side puts a lot of pressure on my big belly and my hips. I tend to toss and turn A LOT before I feet comfortable. I put a pillow between my legs and try to support my belly. Funnily enough, just when I get comfy and fall asleep, I get kicked awake and have to go pee! Then the whole cycle starts again, Fun times :) AND I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible because I know it will just get more difficult to sleep as time goes on and THEN impossible once baby boy gets here!
2. Getting dressed - Not many things fit properly anymore and maternity pants are SOOOO uncomfortable with that giant band right across the belly. Then putting on the pants causes another problem as it is difficult to lift my legs to put on the pants! Shoes are another challenge. My cute shoes don't fit very well and tennis shoes are hard to get down to tie!
3. Eating - I know it sounds strange but since my insides are getting squished by an almost three pound baby, my stomach doesn't have much room anymore. So I'll be STARVING and then eat like five bites and be full, an hour later, I'm starving again! You get the idea.
4. Working - Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but there are days when it drains me so much. It's not only mentally challenging but physically as well. I'm on my feet literally all day and I have to walk my kids across a pretty big campus at least four or five times a day. It's quite tiresome. Thank goodness for Spring Break!
5. Restroom - I'm trying to drink plenty of fluids but then those fluids have to go somewhere! When I'm at home, it's not a big deal to get up to pee every hour on the hour. When I go anywhere, work, shopping, car trips, I have to worry about where I can find a bathroom.
Things that are almost impossible:
1. Shaving - My legs are so far away and it's difficult to bend down to reach them. It's been fine so far because it's been cold out and I can cover up my hairy legs. I'm truly afraid for summer to come!
2. Painting my toes - Again, they are so far away! Once summer hits, I may have to invest in a pedicure or two!
3. Riding in cars - I've always been very sensitive to motion but it seems to have gotten exponentially worse with pregnancy. I can't go on even the shortest rides without getting really sick. I'm not looking forward to being in labor and having James drive me to the hospital! Maybe I can drive myself ;)
4. Backaches - Sitting, standing, walking, lying down... any position for too long hurts. The only thing that I can find that helps is getting on all fours and doing the islamic praying pose! And Lord knows that I can't do that in public!!!
5. Worrying about labor - I know it is still a long ways away but I can't help being concerned about it. For every great labor story I hear, there are five horror stories to scare the snot out of me!
Now I don't want people to read this and think that I am not enjoying my pregnancy because I really am! I love being pregnant. I love feeling the baby move all day long. I even love feeling him get the hiccups! I am really trying to enjoy every last minute of being pregnant because I know that I will miss it when he's out. So please don't think I'm being really negative. These are just things that I'm feeling are getting hard. Not everything is rainbows and butterflies! A lot of it is and I'm happy for all the great stuff but tough stuff comes along with it. I know everybody says this, but being pregnant really is the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life but it also the best and the happiest I've ever been as well. Nothing in life that is worth having comes easy, right? :)