Monday, April 5, 2010

Bling, bling!

I'm sure I have said this before, but I have been VERY fortunate throughout my pregnancy. I won't tempt the fates by listing all the things I haven't had to deal with yet! But I have been lucky. However, one thing finally got the better of me this weekend and I had to deal with it. I've been dealing with swollen feet for the last week or so and now I'm dealing with swollen hands. My wedding rings have been slightly snug fitting lately but I did NOT want to take them off yet. There's just something about being pregnant without a wedding ring that just seems wrong to me. James and I were out shopping on Saturday and we stopped in to get my rings cleaned. The jewelry lady noticed when I went to put my rings back on that there was a significant dent on my finger and mentioned that it might be time to retire my rings. She scared me a bit too by telling me that if I didn't take them off soon, they may have to CUT the rings off my finger at the hospital!!! YIKES, REALLY?!?! That kicked my butt into gear and I found a chain the second we got home. I put the rings around my neck and found my old promise ring, that is one size bigger, and put that on my finger instead. I still don't like it but at least I won't have to worry about my rings getting cut off!

Here is my naked ring finger. You can see the dent my wedding ring left on my finger, ouch!
Here's my cute pink promise ring that lets my finger breathe easier ;)
My wedding rings safely around my neck. I'm glad I got them soldered together last year, they are easier to stick on a necklace when they are soldered!
Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll get Easter pics up. I would have done them today but James took the good camera with the Easter pics on it to the Diamondbacks opening day game today. Maybe I'll put a few baseball pics up too... if they win ;)

No comments: