As most of you know, I am a huge reality TV junkie. Well, I had seen something interesting on this episode of Kendra that I really wanted to try. Kendra was just about to have her baby but first she wanted to make a cast of her belly to remember what it looked like all big and pregnant! I mentioned this to James a while ago since we are getting close to baby boy's due date. I didn't think he would go for it, but he was all for it! He even went to Michael's to get the necessary supplies! Michael's and I don't get along too well ;) I was a little afraid that we wouldn't be able to pull this off, it seemed complicated and messy but James handled it like a pro. If you are pregnant and want to try this, it's not too difficult. I'm really glad we did it! Here's all you have to do:
* Buy some pre-plastered strips from Michael's. They are not too expensive.
* Strip down to your skivvies and cover the floor and a chair, it is going to get messy.
* Cover the areas you choose to cast with a thin layer of petroleum jelly. You can do just your belly or you can do your belly and your boobs. We chose the latter. The jelly is messy but prevents the plaster from sticking to you and hurting when you pull it off.
* Cut the strips to size, dip in water and lay flat on the skin. Start from the top and work down covering in a few layers. You only need to go about half way around your body to create the cast.
* It dries quickly so work fast! It only takes about ten minutes for it to dry and then you can pull it off and let it dry off your body for a good half hour.
* You can sand and decorate it if you wish, we haven't gotten that far yet ;)
* Clean up! It takes a while to get all the plaster and jelly off the belly! But my belly felt really soft and smooth after!
* Enjoy your big belly cast!
We took some fun pics during the drying process and I wasn't going to share them on the blog because I'm basically naked but really, everything is covered and I have shared everything else on here so why not this? Please enjoy my belly casting pics :)
Daisy is wondering just what in the world is going on here!
So there you have it, a 38 week belly cast! I'm not sure exactly what we are going to do with it now but we'll figure it out. I wonder how Henry will feel about all this ;)