Since today is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share some of the things I am thankful for. Enjoy! )
I saw this idea on a few blogs my friends are doing so I thought I’d steal it. It’s a list of 29 things you are thankful for. Not sure why 29 but hey, I’ll go for it!
29 things I am thankful for:
1. God. Yes, I’m starting out like a rapper accepting a Grammy but I feel it is appropriate. If it were not for God and all his amazing gifts, nothing else would be possible.
2. My husband. James is absolutely amazing! He is sweet, caring, funny, smart, cute, generous, talented, loving, protective... I could go on and on. He is my match and I am so lucky I found him. Ever since I’ve found out I was pregnant, he has been so attentive to my every need! :)
3. My pregnancy. Fifteen weeks and going strong. I’m so happy that we were able to get pregnant so relatively easy and that it is has been pretty uneventful thus far. I’m thankful for everyday that I stay healthy during this pregnancy. We love you orange!
4. My mom. Yes, I am doing each family member separately because they each deserve a spot on my list. My mom is the best mom. She is still the one person I can call when I’m not feeling well and she can make me feel better. She makes holidays fun and shopping an adventure. Since she found out I was pregnant, she’s been scoping out maternity clothing sales and making sure I rest and eat well. She’s a mom to me even when I’m trying to become a mom myself.
5. My dad. My dad is an amazing dad. He told me EVERY night before I went to bed that I was beautiful. That is a great thing for a young girl to hear. My dad has a special place in my heart because he is also my pastor. He has counseled me through some very though times in my life and always helps me see God’s plan for me. He will be a fantastic grandpa!
6. My little sister. Lizzie has the ability to make me laugh by uttering a single line from ATHF! She has the best sense of humor and is so passionate about her job. She loves her kids and people are lucky to have her watch their babies. She also loves animals. She would have a house full if she could. Erin and I can watch ridiculous tv shows and have a blast doing it. Erin is beautiful too. We’ve always told her she looks like Drew Barrymore :)
7. My baby sister. Emily is my baby. When we were younger, I would always tell people that I was her mom. She cracks me up on a daily basis. I can say absolutely anything to her and she can find a line from a tv show or movie that will fit and be hilarious. Emily also has a passion for sports! I’m happy to have someone to share this with since guys talk about stats and crap while Emily and I can talk about how stupid we think the uniforms look. Emily is gorgeous too! Cutie pie supreme!
8. My sisters. Yes I’m putting them together now. When all three of us get together, it’s like a sideshow. One of my very favorite things to do in the entire world is watch the Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve with my two sisters. We know every line and every song and just have so much fun watching it together. It never gets old!
9. My brothers and sisters in law. I was never close to either of my brothers. We played G.I. Joe, Transformers, Star Wars and Legos when we were little but that is where it ended. I feel like I have a better relationship with them now than I did back then and I’m thankful they brought my two sisters-in-law into my life. I have two people to share being pregnant with! I’m happy that my baby will have little cousins to play with!
10. My friends. I have amazing friends! They pick me up when I’m down, they help even when I don’t ask, they make me laugh, give me advice etc... I don’t know what I would do without them. I told some friends even before I told my family about my pregnancy because I knew they would understand what I was going through. So thank you for all your help and support, Anabelle, Ami, Mary, Nicole, Jenn! They also help me do crafts even when I am no good at it :)
11. My dog. Daisy is a wonderful dog. She may not be the smartest or best behaved dog but she sure is the most loving. We joke sometimes that she is part cat because she just loves to rub against your legs and be petted. She gets so excited whenever we come home and you should see her when we pick up the leash! It’s like she’s just won the lottery. I love having that kind of joy in my life!
12. My job. I love teaching! It gives me the opportunity to influence so many young lives, hopefully for the better. And what other job do you get pictures, presents and hugs on a daily basis? I also get a pretty nice schedule which should allow me some time with my little one :)
13. My house. I’m very thankful that we found a wonderful house in Rita Ranch, five minutes from work, in a great neighborhood.
14. Home improvements. Yes I love my house but I am also thankful that James was able to fix it up a bit for me. Tile floors, new paint, a beautiful walk-in shower!
15. Books. Informative or entertainment, books help me find what I need.
16. TV/Movies. For the endless joy they provide.
17. My Computer. What I can’t find in books or moves, I can find online :)
18. My car. Sometimes it can be so soothing to jump in the car and go for a drive with the windows down and music blaring.
19. Music. To get me out of a bad mood or to keep me in a happy mood.
20. Dancing. I have always loved to dance ever since I was little. I have a new reason to love it now. If it weren’t for dancing, I would never have met my husband.
21. Rock Band. Silly, I know. Thanks to Amy and Ashley and James my family is now obsessed with it. It is hilarious to witness my family playing Rock Band!
22. Date nights. I know they are limited and I treasure every one of them now. I love going out to eat these days too! Food is great!
23. Stretchy pants. So comfortable these days when not much is.
24. Flip flops. I love living in a place where I can wear flip flops ten months out of the year.
25. Vacations. I am so thankful to work in a year round district. Just when I think I can’t handle one more day of my lovely job, I get a break! I love being able to go to the beach for the summer, visit my grandma in the spring and spend some time in SV in the fall.
26. Holidays. Family traditions make each and every holiday enjoyable and something to look forward to every year. I love knowing what to expect for each holiday and loving the special time we spend as a family.
27. My Dr. I went to a horrible Dr. for five years. I finally got fed up when she insulted me and my husband. Thankfully I found a better Dr. before I got pregnant. She is great and her office staff is so helpful. I can’t count the number of times I’ve called, being a scared first time mom, and they have taken the time to answer my questions and help me out. I know I will be in good hands.
28. My ability to bake. Maybe I can’t cook but I sure can bake! Cookies are my specialty and I love being able to make people happy just by baking a few cookies :) The cookie dough is pretty good while I’m baking too!
29. My grandparents. I didn’t get a chance to know my mom’s parents very well but I am thankful for the time I did get with them. My dad’s mom is the definition of tenacity! She tells it how it is and is fun to dish with. My dad’s dad... was amazing. He always told me I was number one. He made me feel special every time I saw him. He’d always pass along a half-dollar for the juke box or a fifty dollar bill for “fun.” It was his presence, his confidence, his love that drew people to him. He was loved by everyone and missed terribly. If we have a little girl, I want to name her Spencer. Not only for me but also for him. He was everything that anyone would ever want to be and I’d love to pass along his legacy to another generation.
So there’s my list. It may be a bit out of order but I wrote as I thought of things. I’m sure there’s more than 29 things I’m thankful for but this is a good dent! :)