Monday, November 23, 2009

Morning, afternoon and evening....

I don't know who named it "morning sickness" because for me it was pretty much an all day event. Luckily for me, the worst of my morning sickness happened over fall break. Here's a look back at some feelings I hope have gone for good...

10/2/09
The last two days have been pretty miserable. I woke up early Wednesday with an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. I could barely brush my teeth without gagging. I tried to put something in my stomach to help settle it but I couldn’t get anything down. There was only one thing I could think of that sounded good to me at the time, bagels. Brueggars bagels to be exact. As I curled up on the couch and tried not to toss my cookies, James ran out and got me a bagel. I ate it and felt a little better. The rest of the day was ok. The next day was even worse. I sent James out for a bagel again and this time he brought back a dozen. Thank goodness, because for the next few days, bagels were all I could stomach eating. Morning sickness was not at all like I thought it would be. The only way I can think to describe it is that it feels like I’m constantly hung over. You know that feeling after you’ve been throwing up all night after drinking and you wake up the next day dizzy, tired, nauseous and just plain yucky. I could barely stand upright it was so bad. That night I decided I had enough of trying to deal with morning sickness on my own. My Dr. had told me that if I had bad morning sickness I could try a combination of vitamin B6 and Unisom to help. I was very skeptical that Unisom would help morning sickness but after doing some research online I found that a lot of Dr’s recommend it. It turns out, that particular medication was originally marketed for nausea but after it made people fall asleep so easily, they changed it to a sleep aide. So after three days of awful morning sickness I tried it out. Believe it or not, I woke up this morning feeling so much better! Here's hoping morning sickness will take a hike soon!! ;)

No comments: