Monday, January 4, 2010

A very Spencer wedding

Last weekend, my little cousin Eva got married! Maybe I shouldn't call her my little cousin anymore since she's married now, but she'll always be little to me :) This wedding meant a trip back to Yuma. My dad's family has been in Yuma for a long time now. Ever since my grandpa decided to settle there and start a citrus company. My two uncles went into the family business and settled there as well. When we were kids we would go back to Yuma almost every summer to spend time with my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. As the cousins got older, most of them moved away from Yuma and we didn't get to see each other as often as we used to. This wedding was a great opportunity to see some family that we haven't seen in a long time! James even got to meet some family that he never met. It was a beautiful wedding and we had fun seeing everyone again :)

My uncle Mark walking Eva down the aisle, look how happy she is! I, of course, started crying at this point!
Eva and Marcus doing their vows.
I LOVED her dress!
The first kiss!!!
James danced with my baby sister Emily at the reception :)
This was right after they cut the cake. I had a bet with my uncle Courtney about how it would go down. He was convinced they would smash it in each other's face. I think mostly because that's what he did at his wedding all those years ago. I said they would be sweet about it. Guess what? I won! They were totally sweet :)
Right to left: My new cousin-in-law? Marcus, Eva, me, Emily, Erin. James took this pic right as the photographer was taking his pic so it's a bit bright. Back in the day, I was just as thin as Eva! ;)
I loved seeing all my family and loved being able to share news about my pregnancy with them :)

No comments: