Monday, January 25, 2010

You are what you eat!

I've always been what my mom calls, a picky eater. I've never been a big fan of meat, or veggies, milk, or healthy foods. I am a big fan of carbs, junk food and sweets! Luckily for me, I have an awesome metabolism and I've never really had to worry about gaining too much weight due to my pickiness. And if I ever DID start gaining weight, a couple weeks of the Special K diet and I was back to normal. However, once I found out I was pregnant, I had to change my eating habits. I didn't want to hurt the baby because all I ever eat is crap! So... morning, noon and night, I choose my foods much more carefully. In order for someone as picky as me to get all the vitamins, minerals and calcium I need, I have to be creative. Instead of Pop-Tarts (which I love) for breakfast, I have hot chocolate (which has as much calcium as a glass of milk!) yogurt and granola, for my morning snack instead of nothing, I have a banana and orange juice (which has calcium and vitamin D!). For lunch, instead of random crap, I try to have some protein, some carbs, an apple and V8 fusion juice (which had a full serving of veggies!) Afternoon snack, I have some cheese and crackers and some nuts (more protein!). For dinner, well, that's where I let my cravings take over, Oregano's, Olive Garden, Taco Bell, Subway, etc... But at least when I go out to dinner, I have a salad! There's my dark, leafy greens! :) I'm already looking forward to the days after baby when I can go back to not caring about what I eat! Although, I may have to care a little if I want to get my pre-baby body back! Here is an updated belly pic, it's getting HUGE! I am about 23 weeks here. How many months is that, four, five?


Whoa belly!!! ;)

2 comments:

Anabelle said...

OMG! You're belly is big! I can't believe how much the baby has grown in the last month! You look totally cute & I'm diggin' that skirt!

Jen said...

So proud of your new eating habits and LOVE the belly!