Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

Are you singing the Boyz II Men song now? :) There are so many things you cannot do while you are pregnant. I've gotten used to almost all of it by now. Yes, I still miss taking drugs that work, I miss drinking, I miss clothes that fit, etc... But there is one thing that I am still clinging to. Don't worry, it's not bad for the baby or anything but it is something that needs to be gotten rid of sooner or later. I'm talking about my belly button ring. I got my belly button pierced (much to the dismay of my mother!) when I was 18. I've never taken it out just because I really liked the ring and, I'll be honest, I was little afraid to take it out. All the stuff I've read says I need to take it out before my belly gets too big. I just can't bring myself to do it! It's like the last shred of my young, crazy, former self. James asks me every night if he can take it out. One of these days I'll have to let him. He keeps telling me that taking out the belly ring will be NOTHING compared to labor... gee, thanks! So please enjoy the last pics of my awesome belly ring and try not to be jealous :)

Look how cute!!

From this angle, my belly really looks round!! But still cute, right?

Now I need to do another belly pic from the side :)

2 comments:

Ami said...

Your belly is looking SO cute! I love, love, love it!! (And the belly button ring!) Plus I'm glad you put that on here because I feel like it's kind of up there with putting my tattooed butt on my blog...though yours is a little better....

Nicole said...

I am with James... you need to take it out soon so it doesn't stretchand scar. I know how sad it is... I cried and cried. It's a strange this to sentimental about, but I TOTALLY get it! And don't worry, it doesn't hurt! Just do it:)