Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mini-wave in celebration of me!

I've always loved baking, especially cookies! Ever since I got pregnant I just have not had the energy to do any baking. I did some for Thanksgiving but it was more like cooking and not baking. Cooking I'm not so good at. With Christmas coming up, I need to get back in the groove. So today, I FINALLY did some baking! I made two different types of cookies, some sugar cookies for my kids and some chocolate chip for my teacher friends at school. Check them out...





Before you get too super impressed with my mad skills, I need to confess that I took a bit of a shortcut on the sugar cookies. The chocolate chip, I made from scratch but sugar cookies from scratch are just soooo much work! You gotta make the dough, then chill it so it's easy to handle, roll it out and cut the shapes, then decorate and bake. Ugh! Too much work! So while James and I were at Target this weekend, I just happened to spot this awesome invention from Nestle...

That's right, pre-cut sugar cookie shapes! There are 24 cookies already cut and ready to decorate and bake! Yippee! So even though I took a bit of a shortcut I am impressed with myself that I worked a full day (*side note, the week before Christmas break is ridiculously stressful due to the hyper kids and all the projects that need to get done!) then came home and took Daisy for a walk and baked two sets of cookies. Granted I did not do the dishes but hey, I gotta save something for tomorrow... or for James ;)


1 comment:

Anabelle said...

Yummy! This makes me excited for our Cookie War! Snickerdoodles possible? Maybe some Peanut Butter cookies (our way) too?